Wednesday 4 April 2007

A chance to cool off!





On the way to Abuja for last week's VSO conference for new volunteers, I stopped off at Minna for the weekend along with some other "VSO- ers" and as you can see from the pictures we had a great time relaxing by some beautiful waterfalls. The great thing about tourist spots in this country is that you are generally speaking, the only tourists there, so you have the place to yourselves!

Abuja itself was hectic and I almost had culture shock in reverse when I went into one of the posh department stores there complete with glass lifts! I also had a chance to go back to the army barracks which is a great place to have food and drink....in northern Nigeria its often the only place in a city where you can drink alchohol. Jos is not a northern state luckily for me!


A short post this time, but I will try to upload some pictures from the school trip to the Wildlife Park tomorrow...

Enjoy the Easter break!




No comments: